Subscribe now for great recipes straight to your inbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday 24 September 2016

Dipping Sauce


I've been back in Manchester for a fortnight now and having a blast. Classes start in a week, though I already have a ton of work to do for one module, Serialised Crime. So far though, I've mainly been hanging out around food. A friend and I went to a fair on Saturday, where the most amazing chocolate was being sold (dormouse chocolates). On Sunday I entered a baking competition in which I sadly didn't get though to the second round but I lost to some truly amazing looking cakes so I'm not too upset.



Coming up, I've got a blogging conference with a Christmas twist, the Manchester Food and Drink Festival, and a food writing class in Devon to attend. Oh, and of course, I have to study! This year is my final year and I want to get good grades while exploring all the places in Manchester that have been on my To Visit list since first year. Watch this space as I plan on compiling a "top 10 places to eat for under a tenner" list this year.


This dipping sauce is technically for asian dumplings, wantons and gyoza but tastes good with pretty much anything. In fact, I often use bread to mop up the leftovers at lunch or add it to rice in the evening. You can play around with the quantities according to how you like your sauces. I no longer measure the ingredients out but add a splash of this and a dash of that in a jam jar so I can shake it all together. The sauce keeps well in the fridge.

Dipping Sauce Recipe

Serves 4-6
5ml is equivalent to 1tsp and 15ml 1tbsp

Ingredients

25ml soy sauce (I use light soy; use tamari for a gluten free version)
10ml mirin or rice wine vinegar
5ml sesame oil
drizzle clear honey
1 red chilli, finely diced

Method

Place all of the ingredients in a jam jar and screw the lid on tight.
Shake well to mix.
Taste and adjust flavour as required.
Serve with wantons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to cook and this blog follows my successes (and a few failures) in the kitchen. If you enjoy my posts, or think there is a problem with a recipe then please let me know