Subscribe now for great recipes straight to your inbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Don't Say Never Trust A Skinny Cook: Teriyaki Salmon

I'm sorry this is a couple of days late but it's for a good reason - I had an essay to write and a pop-up shop to run and I'm pleased to say both were successful. The shop was on Monday and after a very long day (I had to get up at 6:15 - the horror!) I'm pleased to say we raised just shy of £1,100 to Teenage Cancer Trust! My next post will either be a frittata for next Monday's Don't Say Never Trust A Skinny Cook or it'll be about my trip to London (tomorrow 'til Sunday) and the amount of food I eat on it! One of my friends was highly entertained when I showed her my to do list and after a lot of food shops and restaurants there was "a museum" with a question mark after it!


Who's going to try to watch the eclipse on Friday? It seems a bit scary how careful you have to be not to injure your eyes, but apparently you can use a colander, and as a cook I have plenty of those! I somewhat remember the eclipse in 1999 when I was 5 or 6 (or at least the interest of it) so it'll be fun to see one that I can properly remember!

This is the first fish recipe I've posted on here and that's not because I don't like fish, rather that Liam doesn't, so whilst he had lasagne I cooked myself this dish using some salmon that I had frozen after my last trip to the fishmongers. I used okra as part of my veg because I love it but you could add any veg you'd like. It's a lovely simple recipe and you could use chicken if you'd rather, just make sure it's cooked through.

Teriyaki Salmon Recipe

Serves 1

Ingredients

1 salmon portion (I had mine without skin but if you want the skin on then that's fine)
1½tbsp or more if you want of teriyaki marinade
50g uncooked rice
5-7 pieces of okra
80g peas

Method

Place the salmon (skin side up if you have it) in a low bowl with the teriyaki marinade poured over it and leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes, turning once.
Cook the rice according to the instructions but without any salt - the marinade is plenty salty.
Gently heat a non stick pan (I used a ceramic one) and add the salmon and marinade to pan fry until it's cooked to your liking, mine took about 10 minutes on a decent heat to cook all the way through. Add a little water if the marinade is evaporating.
In a separate pan, melt a little bit of butter (10g or so) and chop the okra into rounds before adding to the butter. Fry over a high heat for a few minutes so that it cooks but doesn't have any sliminess. Then add the peas to cook through.
Once everything is ready, pile onto a plate and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to cook and this blog follows my successes (and a few failures) in the kitchen. If you enjoy my posts, or think there is a problem with a recipe then please let me know