Subscribe now for great recipes straight to your inbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday 23 March 2015

Don't Say Never Trust A Skinny Cook: Cod With Parma Ham And Roasted Veggies

So, this is another Hairy Dieters recipe and I have to admit that I didn't make it myself (mum did) but it tasted delicious and I need something to post for you today! I chose the recipe as one that I wanted to cook over the next few weeks whilst I'm at home. I'm hoping to stockpile some completed blog posts so that you all have something to read whilst I revise for my exams in May. I was in London this weekend, which is why mum cooked, and I had an amazing time - check back in a few days to see what I was up to as I post about Borough Market, the amazing meal I ate at Polpo, and Minyi and mine's now traditional trip around all of the food halls in London! 
A very full but bright plate!
This recipe is another fish one, this time cod, and has lots of roasted peppers, which made my parents decide to cook more roasted veg in the future. My sister declared it needed a tomato sauce as apparently cod must be battered, eaten with a sauce or something else which I can't remember. Anyway, you can add sauce if you want to. Mum also went off piste with new potatoes, green beans and broccoli, ingredients that I won't add in the recipe but that you're more than welcome to use.

Cod With Parma Ham And Roasted Veggies Recipe

Serves 4
Oven at 200˚ fan

Ingredients

1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 medium courgette
1 red onion
1tsp olive oil
4 skinless cod fillets (if you can't get skinless then just place the parma ham on top and everyone can take the skin off their piece as they eat it)
4 slices of parma ham
10g breadcrumbs
10g grated parmesan
2tbsp finely chopped parsley

Method

Cut the courgette into 2 cm rounds and the peppers into rough 3cm squares and then place them in a plastic bag with the oil and some salt and pepper and shake around to coat them before placing the vegetables on a large baking tray/pan. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, until soft and very lightly charred.
Meanwhile, gently dry the cod fillets and remove any visible bones before seasoning with black pepper and wrapping them in parma ham.
Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley together.
When the veg has cooked, take the tray out of the oven and place the cod on top, then return it to the oven and cook for another 12-15 minutes so that the fish has cooked through.
Serve with any added extras that you want and don't forget you warn your dinner companions that there might be bones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to cook and this blog follows my successes (and a few failures) in the kitchen. If you enjoy my posts, or think there is a problem with a recipe then please let me know