Subscribe now for great recipes straight to your inbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday 26 December 2014

An Unbirthday Present

So, it is my birthday today - I'm 21! My family have a tradition of giving presents to the rest of the family on our birthdays (so on my mum's birthday my sister, dad and I each get a present as well), so today I thought I'd give you an unbirthday present. Although I cooked a healthier version of butter chicken and some delicious salted caramel fondants today, understandably (I hope), I didn't feel like writing a long post on my birthday, so instead I shall give you a piece of food trivia and a photo of me in my new hat, making the fondants. The hat has a huge pink pompom on it!! I love it!! I'll post the recipes soon - the butter chicken will appear as part of my Don't Say Never Trust A Skinny Cook series.

Trivia: Marc de Champagne isn't a type of champagne used in food preparation (like I thought it was) but rather a colourless brandy, made from the leftover grape skins, stalks and seeds from the first stage of champagne production, which are then distilled. If you don't believe me then you can google it!

Photo:



I hope you like your unbirthday present - does your family do anything like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to cook and this blog follows my successes (and a few failures) in the kitchen. If you enjoy my posts, or think there is a problem with a recipe then please let me know