Subscribe now for great recipes straight to your inbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday 18 October 2014

Easy Peasy Tomato Sauce

I never seem to have pasta sauces in the house when I need them so I make my own sauce whenever I want a simple meal. It tastes amazing with homemade pasta (dried pasta also tastes very good) and takes maybe half an hour to make (if the pasta's already been done that is). Take a look at my other recipes for how to make your own pasta.


Pasta sauce recipe
Use a heavy bottomed pan with a lid and remember to stir it occasionally or else it sticks
Feeds 2 with one can of tomatoes, add another and adjust the seasoning for 4 people

Ingredients
1 onion, roughly diced
drizzle of olive oil
1x 400g tin of tomatoes
Crushed garlic
Seasoning
Fresh basil (optional but great if you have it)

Method
It's simple, really, just soften the onions and garlic in the oil, add the tomatoes basil and seasoning.
Cover and let simmer for about half an hour, stirring occasionally.
If you over-salt the sauce just add some brown sugar for a sweet counterpoint.


What's your go-to sauce? Is it homemade or shop bought?

2 comments:

  1. Looks simple and good - must try it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to cook and this blog follows my successes (and a few failures) in the kitchen. If you enjoy my posts, or think there is a problem with a recipe then please let me know