Subscribe now for great recipes straight to your inbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday 23 October 2014

Leek and Bacon Pasta Bake


This is a family favourite and I can't remember where it originated from but my sister can probably tell me! We normally cook this in France and have a few variations - chicken and broccoli, leek and bacon, pea and chicken, or any combination of those ingredients. I'm afraid this is one of my very vague recipes as I always forget to weigh the ingredients before I cook them. You just need to make enough cheese sauce to cover the pasta. Last time I made it I used half dried pasta and half fresh pasta and it tasted delicious.

Bacon and leeks
Leek and bacon pasta bake recipe
Serves 3 or so people
Preheat the oven to 180˚

Ingredients
2 leeks, thinly sliced
6 rashers of bacon, cut into pieces
Enough cooked pasta for 2 people
Knob of butter
Plain flour
Milk
Optional grating of nutmeg
Cheddar cheese or gruyère

Method
In a frying pan gently and slowly cook the leeks and bacon until the bacon is cooked and the leeks are soft and not squeaky.
Cook the pasta so that it's al dente.
Melt the butter in a heavy based pan and add the flour to make a roux (when it makes a sort of paste from the melted butter and flour).
Once the roux is made, slowly add milk, stirring/whisking all the time, until the mixture is smooth.
Bring to gently to the boil and keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
Take off the heat.
Grate a little nutmeg in (I don't know where to put in the nutmeg in a cheese sauce so I just add it near the end) and then pop the grated cheese in to taste. Stir until the cheese is melted in.
Put the leeks, bacon, pasta and sauce in an ovenproof dish and cook in the oven for 20 minutes or so until the cheese has melted and is beginning to brown on top.

Cheese sauce with nutmeg

1 comment:

  1. Easily Boost Your ClickBank Commissions And Traffic

    Bannerizer made it easy for you to promote ClickBank products using banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your picked ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete

I love to cook and this blog follows my successes (and a few failures) in the kitchen. If you enjoy my posts, or think there is a problem with a recipe then please let me know